Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bekem
New Contributor

Don't know what to do

Hi, I am not sure what to do-

My partner was diagnosed with Schizophrenia 5 years ago after 2 hospital admissions -1st admission it was diagnosed as self induced physchosis from meth abuse & 2nd admission they diagnosed him with Schizophrenia. He is on monthly injections as pills he was orginally prescribed just zonked him out. Life was almost "normal" until just over a year ago when he started using meth again. He still gets his monthly injection but after a violent incident 10mnths ago we haven't been living together & he just comes & goes as he pleases. I've noticed litlle signs occuring more frequently which I'm starting to worry about. 

His delusions seem to always be centred on me- 5 years ago he heard a voice of a mate telling him I was cheating, I was accused of put tracking devices in his phone & clothes, I put contacts in his eyes so I knew when he was asleep. I would let men in the house or sneak out the back to have sex with them, they would come to the windows & I would whisper to them even though partner was couple of feet away. There were even times I had them hidden in the roof. 

5 years later & similar things are being said- he says I or whoever I have let in through a locked door, steal smokes or money that is either in his pocket or a couple of feet away from him. There have been a few comments about me tracking him through his phone, one afternoon while on a bus I deleted everything off his phone & SD card. There has been mentions of people following him implying I have arranged it. And Again I've got men running around the yard and whispering through windows but he is implying I'm doing it on purpose to have him hospitalised again as he only hears it when he's in our house.

I'm starting to feel scared for mine & our childrens safety when he is with us, I'm also concerned for the people he says I have running around the house as he is now starting with threats to harm me & then go after the people I have running around the house. He has also threatened to harm my parents as well as my brother who has also, on occasion, apparently been involved in creeping around the backyard.

He is no longer under the care of the Community Mental Health Team & just visits GP for monthly injection. I don't think he has anywhere stable to live & don't know when he's going to turn up at my house. 

Please, any suggestions on what can be done?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Don't know what to do

Hi @Bekem

This sounds like an incredibly difficult situation, but if you're feeling threatened then I would suggest you inform the police of what he has said and his recent behavior. I'm wondering if you have you considered calling the police before?

Re: Don't know what to do

I would go to the police @Bekem.  

Let someone know you feel unsafe.

Do you have family and friends you can confide in, and do you have an emergency plan where you can leave in a hurry, and somewhere you can go ?

My husband's illness - as yet only part diagnosed - has resulted in us being under camera surveillance at home, and tracked on our mobile phones and location of the car, but it's all under the guise of security precautions.  We are living with it (tolerating it) because he has no insight into his behaviour and illness, other than recently being told he has ocpd and is being too controlling.  This was by a pdoc dealing with mh issues in our son, who hubby (WH) has been micromanaging, I suspect more than our son has told the pdoc .... and there is more .....

None of this is okay .... but we currently have a choice between various versions of not okay, so this is the one we are sticking with .... for now .....

I have had to consider an emergency plan, and I recommend you do too.

I would be going to the police with my concerns if I were you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance