Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Aniela
Community Guide

Feel like my soul is breaking

I am feeling the most overwhelming sense of sadness ever. My father has twice actively tried to mess with my therapy. I have therapy group sessions over video conference lately. I'm usually at my own house, but sometimes I drive a long way to visit mum and dad, so I decide to do it there. The first therapy group he knew (because I had discussed it a few mins before that i had therapy) I was in group. He brought the dogs IN THE ROOM I was having the video session in and started playing loudly with the dogs. I ended up leaving and sitting on the side of the road in my car on my phone to do the session. The 2nd time, yesterday, I told him I had group and if he can be quiet. He said yes. Then when I had logged in he turned the tv up really loud and took a loud phone call. I muted my therapy session so i could talk to him and tell him to be quiet. He yelled at me and huge fight happened. I am just dumbfounded that my own father would actively try to mess with my therapy. I feel like he wants me to die. He will never respect me, or love me, or care for my feelings. I just feel so broken. I feel so betrayed. I've never felt this depths of sadness. I am safe, nobody worry. I am just so broken. I've never been so sad that I've felt like vomiting before.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Feel like my soul is breaking

@Aniela  I’m so sorry your father is so insensitive to your therapy. Very disrespectful really.

Do you have anyone you can call ? A friend.

You might like to chat on SANE helplines  Sometimes it can be helpful just to talk it through.

Take care of yourself.

Hey @Aniela, that's so incredibly stressful. I'm sorry that your boundaries and needs are not being respected. Thanks for letting us know you're safe, and of course please reach out to your supports, or to a helpline, if that changes at all. Know that we're here with you in this difficult time. 

I did contact a helpline and I found it helpful

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance