Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Eden1919
Senior Contributor

Feeling very scared tonight

I am feeling very scared tonight and i am trying my best to distract myself but it isnt working well. I am feeling scared for a lot of reasons and it is complicated but basically i keep getting scared that people around me are secretly planning to hurt me and i dont know what to do anymore i am so scared and tired from being scared and nothing seems to be calming me down. 

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Feeling very scared tonight

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so scared tonight @Eden1919 . It's really hard when the usual distractions don't work. If you are finding it hard to calm down on your own, please reach out to a helpline for counselling. The following services are available 24/7:

Lifeline: 13 11 14

The Samaritans: 135 247

Take care @Eden1919 Heart

Hi @Eden1919, sorry to hear you are afraid. What has calmed you down in the past?

@Acacia  I have not had good experiences with helplines and last time i tried one it made things a lot worse. 

@Gwynn  Hi, well ususally listening to music or watching something helps but i have been trying that and it isnt working tonight. 

Sorry to hear that’s not working for you right now. What has worked for me has been going for a walk in nature, which might not be the most accessible thing for you at this hour of the night either. ☹️ Maybe watching a nature video with music on YouTube might do the trick?

Something like this? https://www.google.com.au/search?q=nature+music+calming&client=safari&hl=en-au&prmd=vsin&source=lnms...

@Gwynn  I have tried those nature things before but they arent really helping at the moment idk why nothing seems to be helping. 

I’m sorry to hear that doesn’t work for you tonight. Does it help to talk about what you fear? I’m all ears if so.

Hi @Eden1919 , I'm sorry nothing seems to be helping right now. Well done for continuing to reach out here. I've sent you a quick check in email Heart

You're really not alone in what you're going through right now. I think there's something in the zeitgeist. Pretty uncertain times in general. The media spin has been relentless. Society seems to be changing but no-one knowone knows what it's changing into. At some point that's gotta upheave our instincts.

We've always needed trust. And we're going to need it maybe more than we've needed it before going forward. But we also can't just trust for trusts sake. We gotta be real and we gotta expect (and to a certain extent create) what's worthy of our trust. It makes sense for our inner children to have a lot of questions. It feels like a spiritual reboot is going on, or something like that.

@Eden1919  it seems like your going through alot of fear and worry at the momment please reach out for support from Sane Helpline or Lifeline or Beyound Blue if your finding things are getting worse rather than better ,sometimes it is very hard to distract ourselves unfortunetly,is there maybe a friend you could contact to help think of ways to stay calm?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance