Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I am truly hurt 😔

Well I hope things get better @Nay69 sorry Id gone to bed

Perhaps time to ask a professional for advice @Nay69 ? Or just take a break for a bit. Things might seem different. I can’t stay away from alcohol only didn’t drink 3 days maybe last week. It would probably help if you stopped/drank less for a bit? It’s hard to think straight when drinking. Anyway am here to listen

You did Good @outlander .. trying to round up a posse here @Nay69 sorry for tags, people, if you can help that would be marvellous 😸

@Nay69 I am so sorry that you have had trouble last weekend with husband. I don't know what to say really .... is there any friend that you can go to when husband is being abusive? Better still can you make arrangements to leave husband permanently? I know it is hard but living with an abusive partner is surving not living. Will be in and out today but leave me a message and I will be on later. Take care. Love greenpea xxxx

Thanks @greenpea@TAB@outlander

I made it through the night but I feel like hell right now. Have not eaten, had no sleep and I feel like I am going to die 😔

@Nay69 I grew up with an abusive father and when I could I left home and never looked back. Do you have friends who you can go to?

@greenpea

I have no one

@Nay69 I have a super busy day happening today, but I wanted to let you know that I hear you.

Please make an appointment to see your dr.  Tell them what is going on and ask to see a counsellor for yourself.  Your gp can put you on a mental health plan that gives you access to a set of free visits, and that can be extended.

You need support Hon.  You need someone to be there for you and to help you find your way forward and out of this abuse cycle.

Abusers are bullies, and bullies think they are getting away with things because nobody knows they are happening ..... so tell someone ..... turn the spotlight into what is happening and your husband will have to back down ...... and you will get help.

Its not good for your baby girl to see women being treated this way.  Reaching out for help doesn’t mean you have to leave your husband, it just means taking steps to get the abuse stopped.

We are here and walking with you ..... be brave ..... joining the forums was a first baby step ..... now take the next one .....

❤️❤️❤️

Hi @Nay69. So sorry to hear what's been going on for you. I dont know if it is this way for you, but when I was in an abusive relationship I found it incredibly difficult to see a possible life beyond it. I felt trapped, alone, lost, stuck and scared. I struggled to see what was the right thing to do for myself and my babies. It was so hard.

I dont know if you know of 1800 RESPECT but they're a phone service who can really help. They can help you put practical steps in place to increase your safety and can support you through the big emotions you're experiencing. It can be scary to reach out but, as Faith-and-Hope said, it doesn't mean you have to leave but it does mean you'd have that extra support.

Giant hugs to you.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance