Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Powderfinger
Senior Contributor

I just wanted to love and be loved.

Tomorrow, it is ten days until Christmas day. All I do is cry every day, most of the day. At night, I am afraid to go to sleep because I have nightmares every night, and they go on all through the night. I cry and seat in my sleep. Then I need to wake up and face a day.I dont get any rest nor joy in any of my days. It's been like that for three days now. I am craving arms around me. Holding me, as I fall to pieces. I loved my ex partner so tremedously. We still live in the same house. Yes, move out right? Not as simple as packing my stuff and moving out. I want to take down the Christmas tree and burn it. 

I feel so incredibly empty, completely worthless and just trying to nto go even deeper into the darkness. Some nights I sleep in my room, some nights I sleep on the couch with the lights on. I am too scared to sleep in my room because of my thoughts sometimes and what I will possibly do behind a closed door. So, I stay in a wider space with the lights on. I may get up through the night and wander to my room, or I just wake up from nightmares and sit there.  

I feel like a failure because I could not save my relationship. I am not in a place where I am able to think rationally about it. She said to me tonight, things I cannot face although I heard them. 

She said (and I know she did in our our relationship) I was following your feet last night. I follow them when you go and brush your teeth, when you walk to go and make a morning coffee, when you are just walking around in general and I realised that I will never hear your feet coming into the bedroom ever again. I couldnt speak. I wanted to, but I couldnt. I did feel things, I just could not speak. I did tell her directly, that my head nor heart can fathom it or take it in. I couldnt make sense of it. 

She also said, I know you are having nightmares and you are not sleeping well. I hear you crying at night in your sleep and I hear your pain while you are sleeping. I know your days are also filled with so much pain. You get no rest. I know we are no longer together and I am alone now again. Its hard when you know someone knows and there is just no real comfort and I know that it is a very unrealistic expectation to ask someone you are no longer with to comfort you. 

I have already discussed me moving out with my counsellor. She knows I am up shit creek without a paddle at this point. 

On the 24th Dec is was meant to be our one year anniversary. 

It's also the first year anniversary of cutting contact with any family I had left.  That was December 1st. 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: I just wanted to love and be loved.

@Powderfinger  So much pain. I am hearing you. If I was with you right now, I would give you a hug. Sometimes words don’t cut it at all, or maybe it depends on who is saying those words.

December is a difficult time of year for many. You have anniversaries coming up, they are never easy when separation is involved, especially family.

I hope there is rest somewhere in your day today. Please take care. 💙💙💙💙

I wish you strength and most of all hope,I can understand the feeling of needing someone to hold you and hug you you sound like a beautiful person in a dark place at the moment please do everything you can to look after you even if its something simple to get through each day a coffee out the house or some form of excercise if you feel up to it and if all you need right now is to let your heart and mind rest then please rest as much as you need to maybe some calming music to help you sleep sane Forum is always here for you to express your needs in a safe place LostAngelHeart

@Powderfinger 

That's all any of us want. Deep down we all crave it, it is the human condition. I won't share the whole poem, but this extract:

The human was not made for ruts and sameness

which is not the same as safe and warm which crave all hearts

from underneath the blankets of alone

We crave the touch, deserve the warmth

and function on a higher, braver level when all our strength

is drawn from not just one lone human heart

I am rather proud of "underneath the blankets of alone". I think it's a great metaphor for how as much as we want to reach out, sometimes our circumstances weigh us down too much. I wrote it for Mr S not long after I'd met him to reassure him that he deserved to be in a relationship no matter what baggage he was dragging behind him. I must confess I never dreamed how hard it would be trying to cart his bags around with my own.

I am so, so sorry you are going through such hell. 

xoxo

@SJT63 

I will never understand why you have chosen to do what you do for Mr S. Just because I do not understand does not mean it is wrong nor right. I am sure you have many reasons and perhaps they really are for all the right reasons. 

That is a beautiful poem and you are gifted. 

Much love

Ramble. 

@Maggie 

Much love to you. 

@LostAngel 

Much love to you. 

@Powderfinger don't give me too much kudos, I'm working on a vent post because life is so hard right now. I'm too distressed to get some proper work done. x

@SJT63  I hope you take a holiday for youself. Just pack your bags and go. The world will not fall apart without you and if it does oh well, shit happens.

@SJT63  It’s beautiful.

Sending you 💕💕💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance