Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: I've crashed :(

Hi @shaz52, @Kurra,
Hang in there @Queenie,

Hello @Queenie xx

'this too shall pass' has become my motto.-- this is my mum`s saying too

what kind of dogs do you have and what are their names xx

That kind of shocked me -- I can see why it shocked you my friend

as for me being a wife , I find I have to try not to be over protective of my husband who has MI xx

We have 3 dogs. Penny a foxie x chihuahua, Demi a cattle x kelpie and Suzie who's a bit of everything and has fur like velcro (everything sticks to it).

I think the game plan is now to get me stabilised and then it's off to respite hopefully. 

I just have to remember as bad as I feel now, it'll pass eventually. It usually does.

Hugzzz @Queenie 💕
Just one step at a time. Don't go worrying about what everyone else is thinking at the moment.
This is you time! Concentrate on your needs and do what you have to do regardless of what other people in the house think.
Take care.
Thinking of you.
Luv n Hugzzz 💕 🎶

I had to put my needs on the back foot @Kurra and look after my gf after she took ill with a tummy bug. 

Tomorrow I see my psychologist again so I will lay all my cards on the table then. I just hope I don't fall to pieces as I am meant to be going to the cricket tomorrow evening with my gf (if she's well enough). 

Thankfully she has backed down regarding respite, she admitted her BPD came into her response as she thought I was using the idea as an excuse to leave her permanently (which never entered my mind). 

I still feel really low, but I'm making an effort to look okay. I just hope I don't put on my usual 'mask' in front of my psychologist and lead her to believe I am doing well. I did that for most of last year and it lead to me seeing her less often than I would like because I'm not seen as in distress.

It's just not your week @Queenie.
When I go to see my psychologist / psychiatrist / GP I use a silly little trick that works for me.
When I get to the door of the building I remove my mask and put it carefully beside the door so I can pick it up and put it back on when I leave.
I've found this small ritual has allowed me to reveal the unmasked me to the people who can help me. It allows me to maintain my integrity, fess up the whole kit and caboodle knowing that I too am doing everything I can possibly do to help myself.
I'll be thinking of you today with your appointment. Take care .
Hugzzz 💕 🎶
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance