Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Morning has broken

Yes @NatureLover and things are better. I am out of the public hospital and I wasn't "forced" into having ECT as my asthma prevents me from having an anaesthetic. 

I was discharged on the condition that I attend groups at the private clinic weekly. This will involve some travel but is better than what I was facing. My new meds seem to be a good fit too.

How are you, my friend?

Hello @tyme 

Oh hun... I'm so pleased to hear from you @Eve7 . 

You are such a warrior. I recognise how incredibly hard things have been for you, yet you've hung on.

Please know we are thinking of you always. 

I'm glad to hear you have been discharged and the outlook was more promising than first thought. At least there's some relief there.

Feel free to reach out if you need anything.

Oh @Eve7 , am so happy to hear! Especially that the new meds seem to be a good fit 🙂

Also that you weren't forced into the ECT 👍

I hope the group(s) at the private clinic work out well. 

I'm OK thanks although the S.A.D has hit for the next few months. Makes facing anything harder. 

That's good news @Eve7 ☺️ 

Really happy to hear the new meds seem to be a good fit. 

I hope you don't find the weekly group meetings at the clinic too onerous, and in fact they prove helpful.

Take care 💕 

Hi @NatureLover @Snowie @Bow @tyme 👋

@Eve7 I can't sympathise with the medical system forcing you into a bind.

Why should there be stand over tactics?

Good morning dear @Eve7  im glad that you are home and doing some better. I hope that the groups are worth the travel for you. 💕

Good morning @Emelia8 @Eve7 @Bow @Stout @NatureLover ,

Great to see you all today.

Hello back to you @tyme I hope today has gone well for you. 

Love to all @Bow @Stout @Emelia8 @NatureLover 

Just to shed a little light on what happened @Bow @Stout the pdoc in emergency threatened to go to the tribunal for permission to do ECT but it wasn’t necessary as the anaesthetist refused so I’m on a new med that seems to be working.

Oh @Eve7  i am so sorry that the pdoc did that and that things had got to that point that they felt that was necessary. 
im really glad that the new meds are helping. 

@Eve7 @Bow 

I don't know you both, but I do know what it's like when Psychiatrists try to pull off power trips.

I'm guessing you're glad eve7.

Conquered yourself and them.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance