Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My Big Brother

@Caroline29781I have been in a similar position struggling to balance my children's needs with my younger brother.  It is a very tough call and sadly  my children were negatively effected by my brother's out of control behaviour.

Also recently I was let down by the system when our local ED failed to arrange follow up.  Also today I was lunching with a mum whose son suffered similarly.

I hope your brother settles and realises you were trying to do the right thing.

EDs need to change the protocols. 

Take care @Caroline29781

Hi @2853 ..... 👋

I notice that your post has been removed ...., guessing cos there was mention of the name of a particular hospital in it, but you will have also received an email from one of the moderators explaining that, and making suggestions for altering it and reposting your comment.

I just want to say welcome to the forums.

If you look up Carer’s Australia, they will be able to advise you better about options for your son.

Please keep posting here as well. It is important for you as a carer to be able to express your concerns and feel heard, especially as they are so frightening and leaving you feeling desperate and helpless about what to do. We can walk along with you, and the wealth of carer experience here can provide advice and suggestions as you go along.

💜🌷

Thinking of you too @Caroline29781 ..... 💐💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance