Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Chris
Senior Contributor

Night time is really difficult for me.How do others cope?

As night time closes in, a weariness sets in. Mind heart and soul feel like cant cope with this anymore. I want some inner peace .Fighting the negative thoughts. Trying to use skills learned. Coaching myself through minute by minute ,Knowing tomorrow is more of the same.On the outside I look and sound fine. but on the inside its quiet different. I don't have any answers and I guess there probably isn't one.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Night time is really difficult for me.How do others cope?

Have comfort in knowing u are not alone i am just the same. I have the tv on and music as well just to drown out any negative trying to get in.

My quote to myself is "I am doing the best I can with the situation I have." If that means I had a shower today so be it! I day at a time some days an hr at a time.

I often find myself watching a movie or two and usually half way through the second movie I take my nighttime meds
then after the movie/s have finished I have a playlist of music set up on my phone and I fall asleep with headphones in.
I use music that makes me happy and drowns out any other thoughts altho I have found myself getting emotional at parts in movies that I probably shouldn't start crying over. So it usually ends the movie and I listen to music.
thought process wise I reaffirm with myself that even tho my day might have been blah
I still did my best.
on really difficult nights I write my jibber ish into my journal with no filtering meaning I just write whatever comes to mind. Thus removing the thought from my brain sorta works for me when struggling.
hope that might help maybe

kato, I crawl into my bed, turn the radio on and pull the doona up over my head, which in my mind, creates another being and in no time I will go to sleep, only to wake up about 3:AM and It all starts again. I may drift off later on but it only appears to be a short duration. that's when the conscious nightmare begins again.

loopy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance