Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Ayaka_4
New Contributor

PTSD

Anyone struggling with PTSD/complex PTSD? What strategies have you used? Anyone tried EMDR?

3 REPLIES 3
Trumi
Casual Contributor

Re: PTSD

Hi there,

This is the first time I have posted anything in this forum. I wanted to let you know that I have had success with EMDR for dealing with unwanted thoughts and images that were impacting on my life. I am not sure how it is used for PTSD but if you are dealing with repetitive intrusive thoughts and images I can definitely recommend this treatment. It is such a simple and unobtrusive technique that it is difficult to understand how it could possibly work. I was fairly sceptical but I got instant results which brought great relief. It is definitely worth trying as there are no potential adverse effects if it doesn't work.

Jewels19
New Contributor

Hi @Ayaka_4 

I agree with what @Trumi has said about EMDR. I have CPTSD and I have found that EMDR has been effective when working with smaller traumas. My psychologist hasn't used it to work on the bigger traumas yet as they take time to treat and we need to have sessions every two weeks. So, for me it works, you would have to try it to see if it is a process that you are comfortable with.

I hope this is of assistance and good luck with your therapy.

@Trumi  And @Jewels19  thank you. I'm currently looking into EMDR therapists so this is of immense comfort.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance