Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Arizona
Senior Contributor

Please help - my depression is really bad

Please help - my depression is really bad. I would be very grateful for some support. 

I have depression and anxiety at the same time. My depression is so bad that I can't move. I can hardly write.

I don't know why it's so bad ☹

28 REPLIES 28

Re: Please help - my depression is really bad

I am sorry you are feeling so bad did anything happen to make you feel even worse than usual today? 

Is there anyway we can help you specifically? If you don’t know that is ok too we are here to listen. 

@Arizona 

Heart

Sharing a random link a friend sent me.

Maybe good for a mood lift.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSfgCIGd7k4 

Smiley Happy

I'm sorry @Eden1919 , I can't think of anything. It wasn't this bad last night or this morning. I just suddenly felt so overwhelmed with depression but I don't know why. I don't understand why my depression is so bad lately. It hasn't been this bad since 2009.

@Arizona  That is ok sometimes these things just happen. Is there anything you usually do that helps? Or would you like to talk more about how you are feeling? Depression is really a horrible thing to go through. 

@Arizona   So sorry to hear you are depressed at the moment.  

Did you listen to @Appleblossom's youtube?  I would be most interested in your response, reaction re if it gave you a mood lift.

Mine was WOW! WOW! WOW!  I hope it helped you a little.

Sending best wishes @Arizona.

@Historylover @Appleblossom @Arizona 

Wow is right what a little star.

Here's another song from her when she is older

https://youtu.be/jETueO0jvB8

Hope you enjoy - Here Comes the Sun

Meggle

Sounds like you're experiencing what I call "the unfamiliar zone". Seems to happen a lot during times of upheaval. Sometimes we get new ways of feeling and we haven't developed the self-talk to define it. That can put people into that eerie, in between schemas, state. I'm never a huge fan of that experience and sounds like you're going through a big one. It's a sign of growth though and an opportunity. Keep the reflections up. There's probably an acorn of an emotion that's trying to reconnect with you. Dock with you, the mother-ship, as it were.

I'm sending sending prayers and vibes.

@Arizona wrote:

Please help - my depression is really bad. I would be very grateful for some support. 

I have depression and anxiety at the same time. My depression is so bad that I can't move. I can hardly write.

I don't know why it's so bad ☹

Hi @Arizona I am so sorry to hear you're struggling. It might be worthwhile to go and talk to your GP.  To see if there might be underlying cause and have a checkup. What has helped you in the past? I find going back to basics helps me and taking action. And routine and structure, exercise, diet, sunshine and fresh air. One step at a time- keep your chin up...

I actually found this video to be a gem. Normally I'm not one for the dog videos about weight-loss (feels too much like body-shaming dogs), BUT, the coach in this video has a really affectionate coaching style. It taught me a lot about, well, love. Love and its amazing ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdasELD65gA

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance