Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self-Care with major Physical illnesses

Such a long time to wait @Adge That must be both frustrating and disappointing - April is still a long time off Smiley Sad That combined with your recent loss of job is more than you need to deal with. They were certainly taking advantage of you though and it is their loss - you deserve so much better than the way they dealt with you buddy. Keeping you in my thoughts and hoping that you can find some resolution to both the numb fingers/loss of co-ordination in your arm and on the work front.

Thanks @Zoe7 For your thoughts & encouragement.

Much appreciated.

Yes it's a very long wait to see the Neurologist, or to have any testing & diagnosis.

Employment recruitment & advertisement goes very quiet at this time of year - From November until February (I was told).

So it will be a long haul, for job opportunities....

AdgeSmiley Very Happy

It is a crazy period from Dec to Feb for many @Adge and with kids being off school I could see that many of them would have already secured holiday jobs before Dec ...so little around for anyone else.  That doesn'tt help you though but keep looking and I alongside you will have everything crossed that something suitable turns up for you. 

I see the doctor on wednesday for my results but also going to ask about my burning, tearing, stabbing pain in my finger knuckles

@Zoe7@Adge@Anastasia@Faith-and-Hope , @Former-Member , @Former-Member 

Hugs @Shaz51 

Never Ever Give Up - Funny - Faxo

Hi everyone.

I finally had my Neurology appointment (major Hospital), last Thursday - After 6 month's wait.

They had cancelled & recheduled several times - due to Lockdown, a month or so ago.

It was a Nerve Conduction Test (apparently).

Zapped with mild electric currents in muscles, in about 10 places, down my left arm & hand.

Had needles in muscles in at least 5 places (with electric current), including my Neck - That hurt, especially when he jiggled the needle, to get a better reading.

Nerves & muscle capacity in left arm & hand are somewhat impaired (not full capacity).

I don't know what follow-up tests I can seek.

They said all follow-up has to be through my GP - With no return visit to Neurology (Hospital).

So far GP did not suggest any treatment.

This was for loss of feeling sensation & loss of coordination in my left fingers, left hand & arm.

Adge

I was going to go to a Centrelink centre ASAP, as suggested as a last resort (Re: Booking ESAt Assessment).

I actually got through to speak to someone – After 3 days of repeated efforts, & approximately 3 to 4 hours on hold (telephone).

After a 65 minute phone call – ESAt for DES-ESS has been Booked.

It's just an Assessment for possible access to Disability Emloyment Assistance (to apply for & obtain work).

Not any Pension or Income Allowance.

Referral sent through, they called it.

No date & no time for ESAt was given.

ESAt Assessment will be via an unscheduled phone call, from an Assessing Doctor (they said).

Adge

Wow @Adge , sending you hugs my friend,  what a day for you 

Thabnks @Shaz51 Hugs to you tooSmiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance