Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

No the weathers good except for the pollen count @Sans911 it only gets cancelled in gail force winds rain etc. They wont cancel because of the air quality lol.

Hmm well she said until i want to do trauma work and accept it then its no use going to therapy. So basically either do trauma work or don't bother seeing her. She also said its my issue that i have mh issues because i have a low tolerance for negative thoughts and emotions. and also that im obviously am not doing enough because after 6 sessions im not doing any better. ( she done an assessment again and she sends it off to my gp) Then she said with trauma work itll be hard for a while. So im.confused its going to be hard for a while but i cant struggle?

Well here i have pop yelling cause he wont use his hearing aids. Mum yelling cause he cant hear kids tv shows on and kids are being noisy and yelling over the top of everyone because they are excited for the show.
Oh yes thank you il come stay at your house for a while.

I just had a tea but havent tried the lavender. Im taking strong otc every 4 hrs and its not improving at all for the past 2 days. Would i still be ok to use oils with allergies- does that sound stupid?

Gtg im getting in trouble again 😞 cant do anything right these daya

@outlander - it's quite ok to use some oils with allergies. The only thing I would say to you is be careful with oils you haven't used before. See if there's a store with testers. Put a tiny bit in the crook of your elbow or behind the ear. Wait 24hours and if you get no reaction then you should be ok.

Have you been given some medication for your allergies or a puffer?

And I'm going to be brutally honest about your therapist. Find someone else. How dare she blame you for your MI. And tell you that you haven't changed after 6 sessions is utter BS. Yes, trauma work is very hard but you aren't in the right space or stable enough to go there with that yet. If you're pushed into dealing with that too early, it will trigger you, and you'll be worse off then when you started. She does not sound very professional to me and seems like a bit of a bully. Therapy is a struggle. Look at me and Snowie. We struggle with therapy every week. How can you not when ANYTHING that you're dealing with is difficult and painful?

Oh poor you @outlander with all that noise. Must be so stressful. Hugs lil Sis. Don't forget to take some deep breaths.

thanks @Sans911 im going to ask around and see if some shops sell like small sample type things so i can try a few out if need be.  i ried abit of lavender too like you said but it hasnt done much for my headache. 

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/health/asthma-sufferers-warned-stay-indoors-14644175

the only meds to take are the otc anti-histamines, thats all shes said to do. 

i tried to  be honest with  the pscyh and i said i was worried about coming today and she said why and i said i was worried about talking about the trauma and what the next step might be and she said that basically im unwilling to do what she says and me not doing things properly is hindering her work. this come about more because i said i was struggling to do the exercise she had set for me. i said i was willing  to work with her and try but i didnt realise it was going to be hard.  her response was ' well yeah itll be hard but you like to avoid things and ultimatley its up to you if you get better or not, i cant tell you what to do, you need to find the answers for yourself so you need to stop asking me to answer your questions on how to get better' 

@Snowieive realised i took over your thread abit. im sorry. i realise its really hard for you to talk too and im hoping i didnt just make it even harder 

@outlanderI agree with @Sans911, I would be finding a new therapist.

Before you start trauma work you need to be stable hun. That is why my psych and pdoc have recommended me do the DBT course. 

I am not sure what your psych is trying to accomplish from her starting trauma work so early and also her answers to some of your questions. They seem very out of line and would make you more upset. 

Hugs sis Heart

@outlanderyou don't need to apologise, you didn't take over anything. 

yes i do @Snowie because i want you to feel comfortable talking whereever you need to. 

@outlanderhun go easy on yourself please Heart

I don't think it will happen tonight anyway. I have so many urges of SH and SI in my head that it is hard to concentrate on anything else. 

the therapist i seen today was telling me the only way i was going to get well again was to do the trauma work. it was exposure therapy btw. as expected she didnt even ask how i was going. she said oh its been a while, this is the 6th session lets do the assessment again then ended up being told all of that stuff. she explained something to me today and she got frustrated at me when i asked her to explain it abit- i think you get it quite well so i dont need to elaborate on it. :smifrustrated: i feel like its all my fault anyway @Snowie

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance