Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Q&A Info Session // Ask your NDIS questions here! // Mon 12 - Fri 16 June

@outlander  this is the thread I just mentioned.  There's a lot of information available here and it looks like the discussion is still going if you have questions.

This ABC news article on NDIS rollout is interesting. Think I'll brave it for those worse off or at least wait till teething probs sorted

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-14/productivity-commission-issues-ndis-cost-warning/8618028

I was declined by NDIS as they said I didn't have a permanent condition.  I have bipolar 1 and complex PTSD.  This was despite the Dr saying my condition is permanent and 18 pages of supporting evidence.  Since when is there a cure for bipolar???  I am going to request an internal review of their decision soon.  I will put in a mental health occupational therapist report not previously given and another report from my new psychologist.  Part of the problem is I recently moved interstate and all my doctors (GP, psychologist and psychiatrist) are new.  I would really appreciate some advice about what else to put in when I request the review.  There is so much more I could write here but this sums up the situation.  @JazzHands  thanks for doing this Q&A.  There is so much to learn when new to the NDIS process and I'm sure this is helping a lot of people.  Hoping you are still around and have some advice for me and others who might get into a similar situation.  It's hard to get accepted for psychosocial disability it seems.

I have a question: is there 'data matching' between the NDIA/NDIS and Centrelink? I just get the heeby jeebies about how much our private information goes to various places now without us even being aware of it.

@Mazarita  when I first spoke with NDIS back in February they asked me if I consented to them accessing my centrelink files.  My guess is so they can see what I was given DSP for.  I said yes as I thought I'd nothing to hide, but it won't give them the full picture as I was approved for DSP years before being diagnosed bipolar 1.  Back then they just said anxiety disorder and major depression as far as I know.  

Yes, @eth, my C-link information is old too. They have barely contacted me since getting it in 2008. I wonder what would happen if we said 'no' to the question is it okay to access Centrelink files. @JazzHands, are you able to answer that? Thanks in advance. 

Hi everyone!

Well Friday is here 🙂

It's the last day for questions.

We will keep this thread open, as the answers to today's questions may arrive early next week, however we won't be taking any new questions as of 5pm today.

Never fear - we will be having other sessions like this in the not-so-distant future.

A big thanks to @JazzHands for being our liaison and being so informative!

& a big thanks to those who have asked really great questions! Hopefully you have got some information that will assist you through your NDIS journey.

Nik 

Thank you NikNik & JazzHands, this has been very helpful, and timely for me 👍

@Mazarita

Have passed this on to the team to give you feedback.  Should be today,

Thanks, 

Thanks, @JazzHands. It's a basic question but I may make my decision whether to apply or not mainly on this information.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance