Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Decluttering and home maintenance

@Determined  Getting the taps done = yay.  We have plenty of jobs on the "to do" list too and being able to cross items off, even if it is just a small one (as opposed to none) gives me a feeling of accomplishment. 

I was down in our shed getting tools for the tap repairs today and checking out what needs to be done. I have reluctantly decided I need to sell my ride on to clear up some space.  It is a good machine but 1.5m deck really is a  overkill on our now small back yard.   Haha that is until I sit on it next and mow the yard in under 15min 😂

Beats over an hour with the push mower.  

It takes up so much room is the problem. 

@Determined  can you ship it my way? Would love it for Mr Darcy 😀.

LoL @Former-Member   I'm sure he would love it.

The only reason I got it was an interest free sale for previous year run out. My mower at the time took almost as much time to just get going as it did to mow the yard. 

Today we ventured into the shed. I get so frustrated out there as we have to move things to get to things, a lot of items not previously sorted (and some that had been) have been dumped in random spots and all mixed up.  Mr Darcy was having trouble spotting the redbacks and I needed to remind him often to check. 

As I find it too upsetting, we decided to only work for a limited time and  managed to get a walkway cleared and have made a start on sorting items so that like items are put together in containers and in general proximity to others used for the same purpose.

@Shaz51 to my dismay, the side discharge chute on our new lawnmower is broken (completely buckled). 

As it has not been too long since we had a massive clean out, there were only a few broken items that needed to be thrown out but there is still ample opportunity for far more efficient use of the space.

ohhh no @Former-Member 

the side discharge chute on my mower is broken until Mr shaz found a chute in the shed and fixed it -- ( reminding me that it is good to keep spare parts ):smileyvery-happy:

1 more big box gone from our shed today.

Sibling came buy with new scooters  for the boys and took the box back to mum's. More garbage she does not need. But as l ing as it is not in my shed I am happy. Mum also took some of a and ends earlier in the week and I have a new that is going to a church fundraising garage sale. Happy with the progress. Was hoping.for some more progress but been a bit bumpy today so motivation lacking and raining makes it hard to sort things outside.

@Determined 

A large box gone = 🙌

Was hoping to have room for a car @Former-Member by this weekend. Close but not quite. 

I also managed to remove 2 large garbage bags of paper and rubbish from my office desk. And I still cant see the top of my desk 😨

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance