Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Long Rave

Thanks for the hugs @Shaz51.  It's such a relief having heard from them and knowing that they haven't had to go to hospital and still have a midwife and a doola supporting them.  Really looking forward to seeing them next week.

Hugs @saturnzoon
My appt didnt go ahead. They cancelled the appt without telling me because they refferred me to a surgeon a few months ago so no extractions today.
I hope your dentists gets yours sorted out for you soon, sounds painful!

How frustrating for you @outlander.  Hope you get some relief soon.

It very much is @eth hopefully its something else

Hi @eth@greenpea

After my son has been off the reservation for the past week, I’m meeting him for dinner tonight. He’s still pretty delusional and manic so wish me well!

It all started because he’s not doing absolutely anything around the house and he went into fits of anger because I felt he was too dangerous to himself and others in terms of giving him access to driving my car.

I need him to sign the Centrelink Carers allowance forms tonight before the deadline tonight because caring for him fulltime is have an enormous impact on our family finances. If he doesn’t agree I don’t know what we will do! It’s a pity that thru NDIS and Centrelink financial support has to come thru the care recepient.

Let you know how things go!

Hey @Dadcaringalone things must have changed since I had carers allowance for my legally blind child.  I was approved after my doctor helped me do the forms. Maybe it's worth a try for you.  And you should be able to get an extension of deadline from centrelink too.

@eth@greenpea

I managed to get my son to agree to come home! He’s been in emergency housing and walking the streets for the past week. He thought I threw him out because I said you need to contribute if you are living at home. He’s obviously not well so I don’t think its good for him staying where he has for the past week because it’s impacted on his mental health! Thanks so much for your support 

Glad you got your son off the streets. @Dadcaringalone  Hope you manage finances and household responsibilities.  Its a very tough gig.

@eth Wonderful news that you heard the newborn and spoke with proud parent and grand daughter.Smiley Happy  Also good to get the net on.   Smiley Happy

Yes I have lots of paperwork. They have given me sufficient details of our story so I can make sense of it.  Was good for a while, but got triggered again tonight as I asked son to help me scan, he said tomorrow and somehow that was enough to send me into weird jittery territory.  SO I did it all oldschool and will send stuff off snailmail and make phone calls tomorrow.The triggering was serious enough for me to take 2 prn , but it has not worked so came online rather than get myself in a worse state. When I am triggered I am bad ..

@outlander I have knitted, but dont anymore.  Too many hand issues and knitting would trigger that badly.  It can be great to calm people down, having busy hands but calmer hearts ....

Take Care ALL

Apple

Re: A long rave

Dear @Mazarita

We have been friends for a long time, you and me. 

14 years was a very long time to have a Psychotherapist..........But what is amazing is that:

1. We both didnt get bored with each other.

2. After seeing her three times per week for years then twice per week to once per week...........after about 4 years, I began trusting her.........

WhenI'm not so run down, Ill tell you something that happened which will give you a chuckle......

Oh,Ill tell you now....

about three years after meeting her, she was still seeing me three times per week. Every Friday morning, I'de be waiting outside her home with my checque for three times per week, I would be cleaning houses to pay for my therapy. 

Anyway, I go in and she tells me that she was something to tell me.

My Psychotherapist tells me that she has been seeing a prominent Supervisor for the whole time that she has been seeing me and taking me in to see her. Her Supervisor was about to retire and wanted to tell her that many years before, my first Psychotherapist brought me in to her. But I was being quite badly abused in the therapy session and that she had tried to get her to move me on.She really tried but I wouldnt budge.Ididnt want to leave her. The last that she heard about me, I did decide to leave her. She was thankful but felt very helpless on me all those years ago. Then, it was a surprise. My Psychotherapist brought me in. All those years I had been searching for a good Psychotherapist. She said to my Psychotherapist 'Good Job. You are helping her." or something like that. She also wrote me a little note.

My Psychotherapist began the session with " I don't usually tell people this but I have permission from my Supervisor.

After a few more months, I realised that my Psychotherapist was being a little naughty. I was so doggedly turning up that sometimes she was giving me free sessions. 

it's a lovely story, isnt it ? 

Re: A long rave

Good morning, everyone Smiley Happy

@CheerBear, the first soft daylight is in the sky. The bird music is rising. Cool air is refreshing my warm body. It's just before 5am as I start writing this. Hope your first day of school without the LF was healing to your cold. Wondering how your unwell one is going. Perhaps you won't know until a bit later today. Hope well one is coping as well as possible with the time of difficulty, and that you are continuing to ride the emotions well. What you said about your people is what dawned on me a couple of days ago. Might have guessed it earlier, but understand more fully now. Hugs for the depth of what's happening there. 

@Teej, how wonderful that your friend has a large and joyful family, and that you were a key part of such a special event. Though tears fell and pain followed, you succeeded in doing what was to be done. I admire the way you can push through and climb your mountains, even when there is a toll on immediate wellbeing. That takes courage. I hope you remember less the difficulties, and more the ways you rise to these challenges.

@eth, yay for fixed internet! How is your back going at this stage? So great that you finally had the contact with your adult child, eldest grandchild and family. It seems like your support workers are helping you get out of the cabin a lot more than before. Are you enjoying the greater time out and about in the world? I believe your capacities will continue to expand and get easier over time. Happy to be witnessing the blossoming of things for you now.

@Exoplanet, dawn has not always been a clear-minded time for me, by any means. For some reason, just at the moment, it is the most peaceful time I'm having in my days. I was surprised to read that you thought you had confused me on many occasions. If that happened at all, it has been forgotten by me. Thank you for getting me, possibly more than I get myself. How was your day in town?

@Shaz51, hope you are travelling okay, my scotirish sister. Sending kindest wishes to you, Mr Shaz and your mum. I wonder if the epsom salt baths have been helping of late. Wishing you the best possible health, and as much as relaxation and Shaz-time as can be.

@saturnzoon, hugs for the hard times at the dentist. I too am anxious about teeth these days. Good that you are getting the treatment for them though. Wishing you the best outcome with this. 

@outlander, sorry your appointment was cancelled. What a nuisance having all that unpleasant anticipation, only to get no treatment. Hope the surgeon appointment comes up quickly now and that the health issues can improve for you a lot. Hugs for what you have to deal with.

@Dadcaringalone, so sorry to read your son has relapsed. So glad he agreed to come home. Wishing you the best with the Carer's Allowance. You clearly deserve that. Wishing you, your son and family, the very best.

@Appleblossom, hope you were able to relax after the prn. Good on you for pulling out the old school skills when they were needed with your paperwork. 

@PeppiPatty, we have been friends for a long time now. Happy to have met you and to have seen each other through different phases of our life together here. Good to read your story with the happy ending. Hope Mr Buddha and Arlo are going okay. And that you are getting enjoyable moments just for you.

@everyone I haven't mentioned, kindest wishes to all for this new day.

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance