Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

well done for making it to the ceremony @Zoe7 I'm glad you enjoyed it. 

I had a really bad night & did not make it to my movie unfortunately.

I hope your Thursday is better than mine, I don't feel I'm in a good place atm.

Incoming hugs @BryanaCamp .... ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•

Yes - it's Thursday - not a good day perhapsYes - it's Thursday - not a good day perhaps

Hi @BryanaCamp  and @oceangirl 

I can hear neither of you is having it easy atm - I don't know what the issues are but you have been noticed - busy thread this one - things can get by so easity

I'm glad you have posted

Dec

thanks for your support @Owlunar you're really kind. Your post helped.

hi @oceangirl 

thanks for the hugs @Faith-and-Hope much appreciated

I've put the oven on to pre-heat, baking usually cheers me up & I have a new muffin recipe to try. Not good for the size of me but hey, gotta have some treats in your life

Thank you for thinking of me @Owlunar 

@Faith-and-Hope @BryanaCamp @Owlunar @MDT @Teej @CheerBear @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Former-Member @Maggie @Adge @Appleblossom @Sans911 @Snowie @outlander @eth and all following along...

This morning I really struggled to get up and going. I really wanted to go back to sleep but knew I couldn't so dragged myself into the shower and got ready slowly. Made it to work on time and had morning duty. Came back to my room and met the Assistant Principal who asked how I was going. It was quite obvious that I wasn't okay and she also asked how she could help. I told her I was struggling today and she also said she was as well. We both seem to be just holding it together to get through each day. SHe said lets take it hour by hour and get through today. I told her I had a great support team around me and that I would be okay - just time needed.

It is not affecting my work at all despite being so tired. I think I go on automatic pilot when at work and the kids certainly make me feel a lot better ...so do the wonderful staff Smiley Very Happy We also talked a little about department support and agreed that there was none and that it wasn't good enough. She is just as disappointed as I have been with how things have been handled and commented that they have not had any communication from the department themselves and therefore no-one to report to on how I am going.

We talked about a few other things in regards to the rest of the year and I did say I wanted to be back on class eventualy. If I could stay at that school it would really please me but we know tat it may not be possible ...it is all up to the department. The Assistant Principal is going to make some enquiries about what happens after this term - so I will leave it in her hands for now.

I need to get my sleep sorted - night meds are certainly affecting me in the morning again but no nightmares last night ...which surprised me after the ceremony. Hopefully that is a turning point for me again and maybe the conversations I had today will be as well. 

Happy to be home with my fur babies and going to get a little housework done tonight while I have some time - then I will have less to do on the weekend. Then get dinner sorted and settle in for a restful/early night.

@Owlunar Thank you so much for all the lovely things you said. I got started in the SuicidePrevention network because of the Light Your NIght March last year. I was off work at the time and attended a meeting - it just went from there. I can;t go to many more meetings as they are usually on Thursdays when I am working but I still get the minutes and invitations to other events. My personal experience in this area is something that they were looking at for more lived experience people to be involved in the network - right person at the right time maybe. It is certainly an area that I feel I have a voice in and if that can help others then that is a bonus.

@BryanaCamp I am sorry you had a bad night and did not make it to your movie - we have those times Hon so don't be too hard on yourself - it is what it is and we have to try to put that behind us and get on with the next day as best we can Heart

Hi @Zoe7  sounds like your headmistress is really supportive.  I've had a busy couple of days and am just catching up lots of notifications.  Wanted to say Hi quickly before I delve into it all.  Sending love xx

All the staff are supportive @eth and continue to tell me how much I am wanted and needed there. It is a great boost to my self-esteem but underlying that is also knowing I am only there until the end of term and I don't know what will happen after that. It is causing some anxiety - I really love this school and don't want to have to start somewhere else again Smiley Sad

Good on you @Zoe7

I like how you found some resonance with the AP. That's pretty supportive of them and will ease some of the stress I think. If the kids are helping you in their own way then this tells me you are set to be a teacher. If it was the other way around then thatd be different I think.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance