Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Child Loss & MH

My precious girl - only just turned 13My precious girl - only just turned 13

Its been a while since I posted here. ANNIVERSARIES are hard. This day, yesterday, marked another lost milestone, my girls 21st. She diet 7yrs ago 😞

Ha! I just heard herherherher,  in spirit,  correct me...

"NOT LOST, I'M STILL HERE! WITH YOU"

I'd love to get her a gold key chain to signify her 'coming of age' (like i had), and throw a party, but i can't. 

I have instead remember her by

(1) wearing purple clothes

(2) booking the w'end away on the coast. where I know she would have loved to visit more.

(3) contacted her brother, my son, to rememberhet WITH him, for her.

My son struggles with it all, and shuts me out a lot. It hurts  that I can't help him more. Today he said he's sick in bed all day but wouldn't say why. Plz pray for him too.

They say planning positive actions helps. And I needed to plan because of stronng suicidal thoughts to use this date.

My son (now an only childchild who feels he lost both parents then too), He sruggles with it all, and shuts me out a lot, it hurts  that I can't help him more. Today he said he's sick in bed all day but wouldn't say why. IAt least I can only pray for him. 

Unfortunately I've been sick myself, and had to make an urgent trip to DR for stronger asthma medication (not easy since my girl died with asthma, and I had to go to A&E as away from home and no medical centers open today - big trigger but low energy lebels sure limits reactions.

Fortunately God had filled the gap of lost family (who all pull away after losd im told, especially child loss I'm told. I miss my sister, and my mum who died this yearyear, and my only sister who has cut me out of her life - cold as ever).  

But, God had stepped in, my new friend from church (spirit sistet) not only kept me company for the weekend but also 

- dressed up in purple with me

- made a card with purple flowers

- brang a purple tablecloth for breakfast.

WOW! who does all that? Validating my pain with actions.

Well, its not sunrise (the next day) so thought I'd post for my girls day 'sooner than later'  i Miss her

SURVIVED THE WEEKEND!!!

Today I drive home (2hrs), please pray i stay alert, especially with such a precious sister onboard, and dog. 

Oh, nearly forgot, my dad rang me (got one of the nurses to help him). No way he'd remember the significance of this day - given his dementia (and being male lol) but I can at least say ONE family member remembered me today. Not only that, here he is in a nursing home needing help with basic ADL's and he's offetingvto come pick me up - worried how I'll get back. How sweet. He's probably mixing me up with mum but its still sweet.

Thanks for listening

@Faith-and-Hope @Appleblossom 

(grr won't tag properly),  @Dec,  @outlanderoutlander,  and anyone who cares. Maybe @DarcyDarcy ...

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20181125_205732.png

Former-Member
Not applicable

The Jacaranda Celebrate My GirlThe Jacaranda Celebrate My Girl

DID I SAY MY GIRL LOVED PURPLE!

DB75605C-15EE-4C37-9145-59554639466C.jpeg

I thought these cauliflowers were an amazingly beautiful colour when I saw them at a markets @Former-Member ....,

Remembering your girl 💜

Suggestion:  buy the gold key on a chain and wear it for her.  If you buy a Pandora-type bracelet or necklace, or just the beads and wear them min a different chain) you can mark her anniversaries with things that are meaningful to both of you.  In a bead shop you can fi d a beautiful purple bead with an eyelet that fits a thick chain or bracelet.

💐💕💐💕💐💕💐

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope. means souch to hear from you, and that bracelet is a great idea. Just got back at 3pm, very tired, been crook - flue & asthma... but survived it all. Chch friend was wonderful, even wore purple with me to remember Jo. I can way now that we went to Kiama - it Wad cold wind so didn't get to the beach  

Former-Member
Not applicable

but saw the lighthouses & blowhole, and ate out and monthly markets and cafe - all very dog friendly 🙂

xox

Now that is what I call a friend @Former-Member ..... so good for you ❣️

your day sounds really nice @Former-Member
Kiama is a beautiful place to visit as is places like nowra, huskison, batemans bay and ulladulla with their white sandy beaches. Enjoy the time away, you deserve it Heart
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks F&H. I'm home now, resting up re bad cold/flu & asthma but on the mend. I think. 

resting sounds like a good idea @Former-Member
How long are you on holiday for?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance