Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Depression Dementia Dad

@Former-Member 💖 💖 💖
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks, just really flat, and tired. If its sunny tomorrow i light go buy a car or go to hairdresser.

So ..... is it sunny today @Former-Member ?

Former-Member
Not applicable

not really F&H, still in bed but at least took pills today. I don't think its wallowing, just all too much
Former-Member
Not applicable

Couldn't visit dad x2days now, my face upsets him re thinks it means he's coming home. And its my fault for asking for help from NCAT, and i i'm lost, rapped, can't function. Not that I i factor into the equasion. I shouldn't even be here cause I'm not really a 'carer' anymore. I don't remember asking for any of this.

Raining outside.IMG_20181007_075302.png

Hugs @Former-Member ❤❤
You deserve to be here. Just because your not a 'carer' you still were and still do continue to face the challanges a carer would. You deserve and need some support esp during this tough time, i wouldn't know anyone who that wouldnt struggle with the things your facing.
Im not surprised your lost, when youve done something for so long or couldn't see things changing any time in the near future then its hard to think about anything else. Maybe each day you could do something nice for yourself as a starting point like getting your hair done or buying a new outfit, or possibly have a look and see if theres an interest group you like...
I know you'd like to have a go at painting, and of course you dont have to join a group but learning to paint as a new hobby is a great start for yourself.

Its raining here too, ruined my plans for today so will have to catch up on things indoors and make a 6am start tomorrow.
What do you think you could do today?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @outlander, looks like I lost an hour today, must be daylight savings. I had a blessing this AM, ignored front door bell but later found small food package. I'd mentioned to a chch friend I'm on a semi prayer-fast - to seek God what to do. how to cope... Not even going up shops, which is goo 'cause gicin up smokes again (36hrs now). There has to be an answer. Somehow. Anyway, she was kind enough to drop off milk & bread & soup :). Really appreciated the mill most cause I love my cup of tea.

Thanks for dtopping by, I hope your ok. life is hard.

I will try self care, shower, hair or something. Maybe take dad some fruit, he really likes that.
Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20181007_130956.png

IMG_20181007_131022.png

Revelation (answer to prayer)

"SO MANY PEOPLE CANT BE WRONG ABOUT MY CAPACITY TO CARE FOR MY DAD"

Why is my best never enough?

Former-Member
Not applicable

IMG_20181007_131055.png

Never put your life in someone else's hands, they are bound to steal it away from you.

yep it is daylight savings now @Former-Member
that was really nice of your friend to do that for you. good for you giving up smoking too! thats not an easy feat so every day every smoke you dont have is a win.
life is definently hard and i can relate to those quotes you posted too. Hugs xox
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance