Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Tay
Senior Contributor

Re: Motivation

Supermarkets were my biggest fear in regards to panic attacks - so I suppose for me needing to go to the shops - I may have conquered that fear!

Yay, well done, @Tay !

Tay
Senior Contributor

Bit of a positive coming out of a negative situation - thanks 😊

@Tay  When I was severely agoraphobic in my early 30s and so immobilised by the fear of making a goose of myself at the supermarket, I desensitized myself by going in the wee hours of the morning to the 24 hour Coles. Wasn't so peoply and I had been a shift-worker for a decade before IT had me in a head-lock.  I understand now that I organically gravitated toward shift work as an adaptation to an underlying trauma-anxiety that was trundling away in the background, and it's awesome how the bodymind defences unfold. Your psyche truly desires for you to be safe, it just a suck way of getting your attention.

If you've not already heard of Peter A. Levine and his book, Waking the Tiger and the therapy of somatic experiencing, my suggestion is that you do.  Take what works, leave the rest.

hello and hugs @Jo-anneJoy@Tay@NatureLover 

how are you going today xx

morning 1.jpg

cute.jpg

Thanks @Shaz51 , I struggled with motivation today, got hardly anything done. I'll try again tomorrow. How was your day? 🙂

Blep
Senior Contributor

I can definitely feel you on the isolation aspect @Tay I do not have agoraphobia but can understand how you are in such a catch 22 situation. I hope you can try and be as kind to yourself as you can. Also big thumbs up on your supermarket fear win!
Tay
Senior Contributor

Aww thanks @Shaz51   - you always make me smile

Tay
Senior Contributor

Mother's Day is coming up - I love my sons and my mum is my best friend but I can't see her because of the isolation 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Tay (we have the same name, my name's Tayla too).

I'm sorry you're struggling with lack of motivation and agoraphobia, must be hard with that and not being able to leave the house now.

I get anxious when I leave the house aswell, although thats probably entirely different. I also struggle with lack of motivation and I feel like I've lost interest in everything, I feel like I have no joy anymore, and whenever I try to do something, I get bored of it, like colouring in for example

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance