Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: The Fear of Dying Alone

Hey there @TheRenegade345  it's super difficult moving through the motions in which you are, it sounds like your self-esteem is very low at the moment and perhaps has been for some time. We're definitely feeling your pain, it's actually a really common experience to go through and it can be uncomfortable and frustrating especially as we compare ourselves to others.

The reality is people from all walks of life and with very varying physical looks have successful and unsuccessful experiences of dating/romance. Yes it's true, society at times makes things a lot easier for some who are deemed "physically attractive" by western standards (I still really don't know what that looks like Smiley Very Happy), however it is not a determining factor or as black and white as it may feel to you.

I can understand that if your self-esteem is low though it may be affecting everything around you, so it's important to focus on that. You are worthy, you are valuable and I definitely recommend you have a chat with the team at Mensline on 1300 78 99 78.  Mensline are very well-versed in this area and will be able to put in place some basic strategies in building your self-esteem back up. Our forum will always try and advocate for your recovery, we focus on helpful recovery-focused posts, so if other members are encouraging you to shift perspective I do genuinely believe it's coming from a place of relatability and care. You're not alone, and we really hope you see your worth because our community certainly does  Heart

@nashy 

I know that it is but I don't see it around me personally. I am the only member of my family who is yet to know what the heck love feels like. I will be a quarter of a century old soon and I am still being rejected left, right and centre. 

Well, whatever physically attractive means in western standards, I do not meet those standards. I have an idea of what they are and I am certainly an ugly, pathetic, disgusting, deplorable homosapien. 

I have tried Mensline in the past a few times and they have the same problems as other crisis support services, well for me personally. I get nothing out of them anymore. I also found their way of speaking about my problems was not any different to any other hotline. It's all cliches and platitudes that don't mean anything. 

I have been deaing with this for 8 YEARS now. I have wanted to end my life everyday for the past two years because of it. I don't know what the hell women want from me? Should I solve global warming then? YES! That's what I'll do and then a woman will see that I am trustworthy!

Rightio! I am off to the lab to save the world! Tootles everyone! 🙃🙃🙃🙃

It's heartbreaking to read someone describe themselves that way, @TheRenegade345. You've shown yourself in your posts to be anything but pathetic or disgusting. You're well read, play guitar, exercise, you're tall, broad shouldered... you seem to have a lot going for you. It could just be that the women in the area you live aren't right for you, it could be in how you tell your story to women you're interested in, it's hard to say why a date or conversation may not progress, but as long as you're focusing on being the best you that you can be, you will meet someone one day who loves you for you. Someone close in my life was a virgin until he was 34, but he married his first girlfriend and they now have a happy and loving home with a pretty energetic 7 year old to keep them on their toes. To quote Abraham Lincoln, quoting Persian poets, "This too shall pass". Sending you love for what you're going through at the moment, and please try not to see any replies in here as platitudes, because even if the words don't solve your troubles right now, everyone here means well and wants to support each other. We're on your side and hoping things look up for you soon Heart

@Ali11 

I hope you are right. Because rejection has become part of my DNA now.

I have been crying all day about it.

There is nothing I can do. Women just hate me

So sorry to hear you've had a rough day @TheRenegade345 Smiley Sad It will get better, and you will be okay, there's no doubt of that. Are there any mens support groups in your area, something like Menergy or Integrated Man?

@Ali11 

Thanks for your support. 

I had had a look and no there is not anything near me. I’ve been looking for men’s groups for the last two years and there isn’t anything out there 

We're sorry to hear that you have been unable to find a men's group @TheRenegade345, it may be that other men in your area are looking for a similar resource, is this something that you can look at starting? Is there a community services centre near you that you can look to for help? 

@Ali11 

I tried, for two years, to get a mental health group running at the mental health service that I was using. They barely acknowledged it and never helped me to do something like that outside of the service. They have the resources to at least understand the process of how to do it and they never showed me. 

So I wouldn’t know the first thing about trying to do something like this. 

That's great that you've been proactive in trying to set something up @TheRenegade345 Smiley Happy
It looks like Menergy have some resources for men's groups on their site, menergy.org.au/mens-directory/

Also, going back to reading, have you read any of the books a few of those groups talk about, like The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida, Compassion by Osho, or King, Warrior, Magician, Lover by Moore and Gillette? How is your weekend going, what have you got planned?

@Ali11 

I stil don't know what I am doing. I don't know how to run these kinds of things. 

A lot of those books are just more for men who can get girlfriends and just need something to help them with their relationships. What about books that are solely dedicated to guys who CANNOT GET A GIRLFRIEND AT ALL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 

I haven't done anything this weekend because no one cares about me, no one has ever cared about me, and no one will ever care about me in the future. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance