Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

Your blanket is looking really good. @saturnzoon , dod you think it needs something my friend xoxo

Hello @CheerBear , @outlander , @Maggie , @Judi9877 

@CheerBear  My eyes are hanging out of my head right now. Cro tatting was where I started as I tried tatting a long time age. Then ended up in the mandala crochet. 😍😍😍😍 I’m hooked. 😁😁

Yay 😁😍😁😍😁😍! So excited you're hooked! Wandering off to look at cro tatting (never heard of that!) and mandala crochet (haven't come across that either) @Maggie 😁

@Maggie howd you go with your search? Anything stand out?

Too much stood out @outlander  😁😁❤️

I had a very big giggle at myself after posting above that I'd not heard of mandala crochet then heading to the bedroom where the queen sized mandala blanket I made is :face_with_rolling_eyes:😆 Full brain fart.

@Maggie tatting looks very, very cool. A lovely former member used to do some incredible tatting. It looks so tiny and fiddly to me but really interesting.

I admit to big brain confusion when I read you hadn’t heard of mandala crocheting, as you gave me the idea. Double brain fart.

I don’t want to do the tiny fiddly, but the combination of crochet and tatting looks very interesting. Then, so does everything crochet. I bit scared of the hook I must admit. Being told I looked like I was gardening knocked my confidence. Silly things stay inside this brain, if it’s there. 😔😔

Hi @Maggie @CheerBear @outlander @Gazza75 @Shaz51 @saturnzoon and everyone here

I wish I could say something funny to make you laugh @Maggie and feel better about people’s gardening comments, like ‘they were just digging’...but I know what you mean about how those little things can hurt deep and stay so long and affect us. It’s happened to me too about different things. If it helps, I love gardening, and it’s not a bad thing to look like you’re planting things *hug*. We’re not women of the past that had to look dainty with their knees together and heads down *another hug*. and you deserve to enjoy yourself and choose what you enjoy, no matter what that ‘looks’ like. 

I’ve really been enjoying following this thread 🧵 and I love the pics of everyone’s work! 

@CheerBear i think  you mentioned yarn bombing? There’s a church in Brunswick on Sydney Rd at the top of Blyth street that has poles in front of it (to stop cars driving in to the church through the T-junction). I noticed these have been freshly yarn-bombed and they look beautiful. I’ve been wanting to take photos but haven’t had the chance bc i’m working each time i pass them. anyway, i thought that maybe church members did the work. but another way to find out about a local group would be to contact some local councils and neighbourhood houses. i’m sure they could help point you in the right direction. 

I finished my crochet piece and it’s a bit garish and distorted  but i kind of like it like that 😄4CC043A6-3D53-4246-835F-351551306F80.jpeg

B747BA83-1947-4BF6-B898-12BD7E949EAE.jpeg

@Lyra_reachout  Thanks for your very welcome encouragement. Yes, we are sensitive beings, just trying our best. Sorry the same has happened to you. 😍😍

I can’t see your pics yet, but will come back later when they come through.

welcome to the forums if I haven’t welcomed you before, your name rings a bell. 🤔🤔

The pink paint and yesterday’s stone. @CheerBear @Lyra_reachout @outlander @Shaz51 @saturnzoon  And anyone passing through.43542ED6-3AF3-4DE4-91A1-9ECD392B3C22.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance