Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Craft Corner

@FigBell0917, new hobby nearby  It's Called diamond painting  Lots of dots/beads on a sticky canvas. Like paint by numbers. 

@Gazza75  It’s huge. Looking good.

Thanks @Maggie.. 60x50 = lots of dots  👍🌼❤️

Hi Gazza. I do DP. Just finished one this afternoon. Started last Christmas

IMG_20190916_170602.jpg

looks great @cutiepiekitty 

love your bracelet! @Maggie

that does look like a big project to do @Gazza75 but youll get there and itll look amazing as your others do

@cutiepiekitty  That’s beautiful.

Thanks @Maggie . Havee taken the next one out of my cupboard stash to do, an old vintage style sewing machine the same size so should take 2-3 weeks to do again depending on what life chucks at me. I class it as therapy as the repetition and putting the drills in straight lines somehow seems to help get order in the brain along with music. My type of art/craft therapy. I do lots of other crafts too and also draw, but currently this is working best for me. I have been drawing and writing quite a bit since last counselling session too so keeping creative. 

I do many things like knitting, crochet, spinning, bobbin lace, embroidery, patchwork, quilting, applique,   anything to keep the hands busy keeps the mind focussed.

@cutiepiekitty  I also do crafts as therapy. It’s been a life saver for me for many years now. 

I like the sound of your next diamond painting. Wow, you are very clever doing so many crafts. What’s bobbin lace? 

I’m trying to master a hook and do some crochet atm. 😩😩😩😩 Strange How something so small can be so complicated for some of us. I know the stitches in my head, it’s connecting them with my hands that gets tricky.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance