Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

@Determined, all that for 15 mins... whew! Hope tonight's sleep is good.

We had one post surgery appointment where we drove for ages, waited for ages, finally sat down in front of the hospital doctor who asked "Right, what did you want to see me about today?"

Replied.... "Ummm.... the hospital made the appointment, not me."

"Oh...."

Yeep... sometimes them's the breaks. 🙂

Thems the breaks ... Sad but true @Smc

Smiley Sad

Wot a huge

drive to medical prof 

time ratio

@Determined

Smiley Frustrated

@Janiee I am not too bad. Got such a lot on the moment so might speak in code for privacy and compressing the issues.  Hope you are doing alright.

Smiley Happy

@Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope 

@outlander I loved pictures you posted for me on Fragile thread.

Smiley HappyHeartSmiley SadHeartSmiley Indifferent

So glad you liked them @Appleblossom
I a knoe youve got lots on but if you want / need to talk then please tag me 💞💚💘💙

@Appleblossom I have come to the conclusion that adulting is over rated lol

@Determined I don't think doctors and hospitals have a clue about travel. One of my friends was taken to a hospital an hour away from home by ambulance as our local hospital is pretty much an old age home now, they released him and he has to find his own way home. Another was airlifted to a hospital and I drove 3 hours to collect her and they lost her....took another hour to find where she was in the hospital

Hear, Hear @Janiee

@Smc @Appleblossom @outlander @Faith-and-Hope

Also, we live right near the hospital so when I go to have coffee with carers ...often there are patients from the psych team floating around. Last week, when I waas eaving a cafe with my carer, my fav. carer, 2 women were sitting there and one of them said something to me and told me they were from the hospital but having a coffee. I said: if I was you, you two: if you want to:

You could write on two pieces of paper:

your support with your GP on top and 

2. Medication 

Then your short term goals on the other: medium term goals and long term goals on the other. 

Anyway, I am totally plus on the travel bit.........

Hello @PeppiPatty so good to see you 💌
Former-Member
Not applicable

Good afternoon 

dr_office.jpg

@Former-Member, ow! Smiley LOL

@Janiee, I find it strange that if you've got a HCC or Pension card, an ambulance with two trained paramedics is fully funded, but public transport or a taxi home again isn't. Smiley Frustrated Sometimes the hospital will give out a voucher to cover the trip home, but it's hit and miss.

Former-Member
Not applicable

How are you going @Adge?

The system is definitely floored  @Smc. My friend hitch hiked back, he is in his 70's. His family live all over Australia and he didn't want to bother any of his friends, which I told him was silly, because we would have picked him up. You can't have a baby at that hospital either, so its an hour drive and if you get there too early, they tell you to go home or get a motel room. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance