Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Rockpool and Rooney10 Birthday Thread

It is very nice that he took notice...he even got my ring size right!

I went to Italy, France, Portugal and Malta. It was lovely to get out of the very cold Melbourne winter for a little while Smiley Very Happy

That would have been a wonderful trip - I have been to Italy and France but not Portugal or Malta. Which country did you like the most @Rockpool?

It was such an amazing trip @Zoe7 Smiley Very Happy How beautiful are Italy and France Heart

Malta was my favourite but I am biased because I have Maltese background Smiley Happy

Venice and Florence were two of my favourite places. I had a really bad asthma attack in Rome and was bed bound for 2 days so missed most of it but I loved what I did see.

I didn't love France as much as I thought I would but did love the history as we travelled around. 

There was so much to take in - would love to go back but with my fur babies it is not on the cards - better get back to work first before I start thinking about taking another trip. I am hoping to get to Melbourne before the end of the year though - if I get back to work and can afford it. 

@Rockpool

I absolutey love Florence, it is one of my favourite places. Oh no..not good that you weren't well in Rome @Zoe7. I did have a better appreciation for it this time around than last time. 

I'm with you on France. I have a bit of a love hate relationship with it Smiley LOL I find that I am okay there for a little bit and then reach my limit and am ready to leave. The history is amazing. I am so facinated with Versallies. There is a TV series on it that I got into while I was over there on Netflix and now I'm hooked Smiley Very Happy

Always so much to take in while in Europe! Another trip there for you would be so lovely and a nice thing to work towards. Where would you like to go? Coming to Melbourne would also be fun! Is heading back to work on the cards?

I'd like to go to the Baltic countries and finish in the Czech Republic (which I think is now called Czechia) I have visited most of the western and central countries in Europe plus Greece - would go back to Austria, Germany and Switzerland - didn't spen enough time in those countries @Rockpool

I am working towards going back to work next term - have hit a few road blocks on the way and it is taking more time than I expected. Was ideally looking at starting 2 half days a week beginning of next term but HR need more information from my doctors and both are away for the next 3 weeks - so that delays any return to work. After the 2 half days we intend to increase it to 2 full days and then hopefully 4 days by the end of the year - that all depends on how I am coping with it all and if I can physically do it - so a lot of hurdles still to jump over.

hello @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

That sounds like a great trip @Zoe7!! Czech Republic is also on my list. As is going back to Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Such beautiful places and I second your feeling of not spending enough time in those places Smiley Happy

I have to say I am so happy to hear that going back to work is on the cards for you. You have worked so hard and come such a long way. I'm really proud of how far you have come and just wanted to acknowledge that, even though there are still some hurdles that you need to jump over Smiley Very Happy

You are one of the people that have helped me so much @Rockpool - and it does mean a lot to me - needed to acknowledge that too Smiley Wink Heart

There is not much I can do for the next cuope of weeks but wait - it is annoying but it will hopefully pass by quickly.

I am considering whether now is the right time to go back to see my psychologist - there are still some massive things that play on my mind but I also don't know if that will help - bit stuck really - maybe going back to work is all I should be considering right now!

Thanks @Zoe7, its really nice to hear that I have been helpful Smiley Very Happy

The weeks do tend to roll by fairly quickly, so hopefully it will feel that way for you. Yes I read earlier that you have 2 sessions left? I guess it would depend on what you want to use the sessions for. If it is for return to work type discussions that may be helpful but if there are still some massive things to work through the 2 sessions probably won't be enough. If that is the case, you might consider using those sessions towards the end of the year and then getting a new MHTP to continue working through it in the new year. Or you might choose to put it on the back burner for a while. Perhaps it depends on how much these things are bothering you?

Completely understand feeling stuck with this! Work is a big thing and maybe that is all you do need right now.

Small and managable steps seems to be my motto Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance