Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Thanks @Zoe7 , hopefully it should go ok. We will have to leave early b/c it's about a 2 hour drive there. 

Well done on working today @Zoe7 , i'm really impressed at how hard and how many hours you are putting in. I only work 5 hours a week at volunteering and it's exhausting. The echidnas sound totally adorable, as does Toby. I'm so glad he's there to greet you when you get home after a hard day's work. I didn't know you're an art teacher, that sounds like it would take a lot of energy directing little kids! It sounds like it'd be fun at least some of the time too.

Hope you enjoy a nice quiet night tonight & a good dinner Cat Happy

That is a long drive @Snowie so take it easy there and back. Are the kids going too or will they be still going to school?

We have decided not to take the kids so they will be going to school @Zoe7 

I am not an art teacher per se but have taught art before. I did that for one day a week covering all grades from prep to grade 6 at my previous school @BryanaCamp I loved it and loved seeing the kids so engaged. Sometimes they don't get enough art in their lives - but this school has a real focus on creation and art so it is good to be somewhere that values it as much as I do.

The days are long as a teacher. I do miss having my own class but the role I am in now means I have less reporting and planning to do and that is good for my introduction back to work. I am starting to get very tired though - need to push through that as much as I can knowing Easter isn't too far away and I can have a break again.

@Snowie Probably a wise move not taking the kids - the drive alone would be a lot for them. Make sure you take breaks and are safe Hon. Will definitely be thinking of you tomorrow Heart

my sister @Zoe7  how was your day xxx

we cleaned 2 houses which comes to 6 hours

went and saw my mum

home now , going to family BBQ soon

Mr shaz does not really wantto go a but is going for me for a few hours

Smoky was sooooo adorable today , I stroked between his eyes today , and he totally loved it , he eyes closed and the purring started

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Shaz51 I hope the family BBQ goes well, and that Mr Shaz copes with it okay for the time he is there.

@Zoe7  How did you get aling with Toby at the vet this afternoon? Hoping both of you are okay. I know you've had a long and very tiring work week. Use the weekend to rest up and regroup. Hope you have some self care scheduled in amongst the usual household and other chores.

Hi to everyone else too. Hope your weekend is a good one. @Snowie @BryanaCamp @MDT @Sam3 @Faith-and-Hope 

Sherry 💜

💐💜 @Former-Member 

Hey @Shaz51 I hope the BBQ went ok for you and Mr Shaz made it through as well.

So pleased you got some precious time with Smoky - it is lovely when they purr - makes you feel good giving and receiving a little bit of that love.

How is your mum doing? Are you getting things at her home organised for when she can come home?

@Former-Member Toby has an ear infection so drops in his ear twice a day for 2 weeks then back to the vet to see if it has cleared up. It is not going to be easy to get the drops in but hopefully after a few times he will get used to it and let me do it easier. His ear canal is very swollen and nearly close up so despite it not seeming to affect him much it is quite infected.

@Faith-and-Hope @Snowie @BryanaCamp @Teej @CheerBear @Adge @Sans911 @Appleblossom @BlueBay @eth and all following along...

I fell asleep on the couch about 6pm - woke up briefly about 8 and went straight to bed. I knew I was super tired so I must have needed the sleep. Woke up a couple of times throughout the night - more unwanted dreams - but manae to sleep pretty much straight away again so that is a good thing. Definitely going to rest as much as I can over the weekend ...the usual housework to do but nothing else I need to do urgently. I am starting to get really tired and not really wanting to go to work but need to push through as best I can - at least get to the Easter break and have a better rest,

I hope everyone has a good weekend and can find some moments of light for yourselves Heart

Hi @Zoe7 👋 💚💕

I am glad you managed a whole lot of sleep last night. It is still sounding like a backwash if emotional exhaustion to me ....  and that can produce unwanted dreams.  I wake up from most not remembering even in the moment what they were, but they are enough to disturb my sleep .... the fact that you are going back to sleep pretty much straight away is good .... you are riding over them, which hopefully means your mind is clearing itself of minor upsets.

I hope you find some lovely moments in your day with your fur babies  💕🐾

I was up late last night.  I finished another Photoshop task 🎉 .... then mr. was walking around the room early this morning.  It’s his footfalls on the carpet that wakes me, along with little clinks and bumps of picking up and moving things .... but he eventually left for his morning jog and I fell back asleep.

We (D3 and me) are supposed to be doing another gallery visit today for a group presentation. but the arrangements have changed and I am waiting to hear back from one of the group before we can get organised again .....

Hi @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Snowie @BryanaCamp .... anyone else around

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance