Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Checking In

Hey Hams @MDT 

Not bad actually but taht can change but I have this feeling that something is not quite right. I am sorry your back is giving you grief- a warm shower might help. Its starting to get cold here. Milo is looking at me - he is very cute.

haha i bet he is @oceangirl lol

Yeah I think it's a muscle/bone ache. It does this at times. Going to make a cup of tea and eat some ice cream while watching cycling then off to bed.

I watched a film already today.

hows study going @oceangirl ?

i guess you could say i have an overfilled plate @oceangirl with being a home carer, extra work, family roles and responsibilities, volunteering a few other things happening mentally and physically. i relax and unwind where i can generally of a night time like now just chatting here and watching some tv.

stress does have a funny way of catching up with us when we least expect it. have you felt this way before and has anything helped?

@MDT  I hope it settles for you. I was thinking about going to have a cup of tea and a biscuit. I might head off to bed soon too. What film did you watch? 

The Big Lebowski @oceangirl

Had only seen parts of it. It's an older film from the late 90s. I happened to see a bit of it when I was a kid so I knew the characters and quotes lol. I probably wasn't meant to see it as a kid though lol.

Yeah it's getting cold these days. Especially at night time.

I also didn't go to the gym this morning so I am feeling a bit gross. But it's best not to agitate my back. When I get back into it I will have to increase my core exercises which supports my back. It's the lower back causing me issue mostly.

You sure do have an overflow plate there @outlander . You are right that things can catch up with you- but it may happen all of a sudden. I have learnt that the hard way. I am not sure if I have felt like this before but I am curious to know what is happening. 

sometimes when we are stressed or weve been stressed for a while it builds up and then kinda 'explodes' for me i know this happens when i either overly tired and dissosiative/spacey/weird feelings, or i just cant sit still and i become anxious and irritated over literally nothing. ive had to learnt to try my best to mange my stress even in small ways like taking short walks, or drives or finding something productive to do
sometimes when we feel really lost and unsure it can cause these sorts of feelings too.
do you think something like that mgiht be happening for you too?

I remember it - it was when I was at uni in Nth Qld back in the day, Hams @MDT. I used to like watching scary movies when I was a kid I don't like them much these days. I much prefer a comedy or action movie. But I also like a bit more variety in shows. I have started watching SBS insight I think its a brilliant show. 

It is getting cold here too- I had to change my clothes and put on some warmer clothes. 

I have not been to the gym in a while a few weeks - I might try for tomorrow.  The core is important for your back and also having good leg muscles too- the upper muscle for your back. Some squats & deadlifts might help with that. Resting is probably a good idea- a bit of walking might be okay too. You could do upper body exercise too- if you wanted to avoid aggravating your back.

I think i need to tone down my upper body workouts @oceangirl

And focus on lower back/body. Maybe even do more floor exercises. Balance it out. It's weird. Both my upper and lower body are good. Mid needs the help more lol.

Have you seen the big lewbowski? What did you think of it?
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance