Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Oscillation between two mind sets

@Jynx I think it is the subjects. They are content intensive. Networking is key. I’ve heard second placement is when students might get offered jobs.

Did you enjoy your placements? How did you make most of the experience?

@creative_writer aye true, it definitely isn't always the amount of hours but how heavy the work itself is! Plus whether or not you're actually interested in/passionate about the topic! 

Hmm... I mean it was nearly 5 years ago now haha and I have a terrible memory, but I remember that I did spend a bunch of time working with/talking to the support worker there (I did my placement at a community centre) - she wasn't my supervisor and I didn't technically have anything to do with her directly but she was a source of wisdom and helped me immensely. I have never forgotten one of the things she told me: "If you just assume that everyone who walks through that door is living with the effects of some kind of trauma, it'll help you empathise and be a better listener."

I also tried to be open with my supervisor about areas I felt I was struggling in, even when it felt like I should know better or be better. Cos we can't learn from our mistakes if we refuse to admit we've made them, and we won't be able to learn from others' experience and knowledge if we hold up a facade of knowing better. 

Oh jeez is that the time? I gotta fly! I'll catch up with you next week hun, hope you have a spiffy weekend and smash those assignments outta the park! Toodles! 💜

@Jynx I’m really enjoying the researching unit, the other ones not so much, one of the units is not well structured and the content is insane. Students are advocating for change for it, it was meant to improve for this year but it seems like it hasn’t happened.

Talking to people is the way to go on placement since you learn so much from them.

I hope you are enjoying your Easter break. Will talk to you when you’re back 💖

I’m afraid other people will think I’m damaged goods 😞

Hi @creative_writer 🙂

I can see that it was rough yesterday

How're you going today? ❤️

@lavenderhaze not great, but it’s okay

I don’t know how I got to this place again

Good morning @creative_writer 🙂

How're you today? ❤️

@lavenderhaze things feel really hard right now. Feeling really uneasy. The pain just keeps pumping in my veins and I feel like I am not able to get any respite

Aw hun ❤️ I am sure that's a lot to cope with

Anything that can bring some comfort right now?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance