Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Strange physical symptoms - internal burning sensation

@Meowmy @outlander @Jaz5 

Hi @Shaz51 ,

Yes my gp has tested sodium and all electrolyte levels, at my request. I think she was very happy to be able to tell me they were all normal because she had been telling me this whole salt/sodium thing is all in my head for months.

Even when i didnt have this extreme anxiety and related symptoms (which previously only happened after iron infusions or consumption of stimulants (coffee, tea)), i would still notice a milder version of the symptoms when i consumed foods with salt, like if i had a meal out, chips, biscuits etc. The more i had the worse the symptoms were. But apparently thats all in my head too! Nonetheless i avoid high salt foods however it is in meds, hence my concern. I do of course have naturally occuring sodium in veggies, meat etc, so maybe my gp is right and it is just all in my head! 

Thanks for your support @Shaz51 .

Thanks @Appleblossom ,

From the number of people who have said they have simiar symptoms, maybe it is associated with the anxiety, rather than my concerns with sodium, or maybe for me its both, im not sure. I would still be more comfortable if any meds i take dont contain sodium, that way if my anxiety/related symptoms are really bad, i cant blame it on that and know i need to attend to it from a MI perspective.

Yes it would be nice to find a more sympathetic doctor. Although mine can appear compassionate at times, i feel like its put on, and a lot of the time, she's just plain scary! Haha. Especially if i bring up the sodium thing, or question her, or dont do exactly what she wants! Shes a hard woman! Its important to find the balance i guess isnt it. A gp that is genuinely caring, compassionate, interested in and proactive about your well being, but that can be firm when necessary, but without being harsh or scary! I dont have that at the moment. But yes, i need to stick where i am for now, but maybe in the future look around for a gp that is better suited to me.

Thanks for your response @Appleblossom , its been great to have all this support!

Take care ☺

I know i have thanked you all for your support in individual replies, but i just wanted to thank you all who have replied to my messages again, it has meant so much to be able to come in this forum and openly share and receive encouragement, advice, feedback etc from people who have been there and understand. Thank you so much @Meowmy @Appleblossom @Shaz51 @outlander @outlander !

I really appreciate your help and support!

your very welcome @Doglover im glad that our support has been helpful to you

@Doglover, we are here for you as you are here for us my friend

going forward together each and every day @Doglover , @outlander 

Thanks @outlander, it sure has!

Thanks so much @Shaz51, it means so much!

I have another question for my new found friends that have already offered me so much support.

@Shaz51 @outlander @Meowmy @Appleblossom @Jaz5 @Zoe7 

For those of you who have experienced the same sort of symptoms that i outlined earlier, and for those who havnt but have experienced severe anxiety, i am keen to know what your experience of anxiety was before it was controlled. So before ur anxiety was stabilised (by meds or otherwise) and was basically untreated, did you experience the symptoms associated with anxiety - whatever they were for you - nausea, dry mouth, racing thoughts, fear, physical head/body sensations, anxiety itsel etc - intermittently, or constantly? Did the symptoms come and go, or when you were untreated, were the symptoms constant, every waking moment? I am keen to know as mine are every waking moment, the moment i wake up in the morning they are there, in fact its usually the symptoms that wake me up, and they dont go away until sleep meds kick in. Even then i am often woken in the night with the symptoms. Is this a normal experience for untreated/uncontrolled anxiety? Or did you find that the symptoms would come and go?

Thanks again!

Yes i experienced alot of symptoms @Doglover  i still do but not as much since ive been on medications and been working on better ways to cope with my anxiety  rather than run around  like a headless chook. 

It use to be every waking moment, my sleep was worse and sometimes aleep was no reprieve  either as usually i would wake in an anxious  sweat.  I get periods of time where my anxiety rules the roost such as aniversaries or if i come across triggers but if I catch  it early and try to help myself i can control it to an extent. I dont think medications will manage everything. They might help once you find the right doses etc but it also takes time and practice in working out which coping strategies help you the most in reducing your anxiety  even further

Dry mouth def related to dose of neuroleptics.

@Doglover 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance