Skip to main content

Forums

Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // Is it okay to ignore Christmas? // 19 Dec, 7pm AEDT

@Queenie

It's certainly the silly season - emotional rollercoaster of joy, stress, laughter and triggers. And you experience that amplified by the sounds of things.

Are you able to use strategies that have helped in the past when you have hit a low? While there might be the added stress of 'getting involved' with Christmas, your well being is the most important.

That is a great idea @Former-Member xx

Thankyou @NikNik xx

I hate xmas even though i have kids. Its so stressful for me. So much expectations on me. I hate it

My hubby thinks ill be in hospital with the way im going with my MI.

I keep on telling him that im not but he doesnt believe me

@NikNik

I thought if I have to put up with Xmas I can at least do some things I enjoy. And I loved the baking. I did it with a friend and made biscuits I knew from my childhood and then it was fun to give them to people. I also spend time and money to donate to various charities as I thought that’s more Xmas spirit than buying expensive presents and useless Xmas cards for everyone.

@Bubbles3it is a stressful time even with children. Hopefully you can enjoy parts of the day. I am sure you kids are looking forward to opening up their presents xmas morning Heart

@Bubbles3 - What type of expectations are you feeling are on you?

Best wishes to everyone - I hope people who are grieving have the space to mourn, and people who are lonely find connection and support.
I hope anyone who feels stressed out by their own or other people's expectations can push those expectations away a bit and acknowledge that you're doing great, however things turn out.
I hope people who are estranged from family can protect themselves from the hurt of being rejected or that sadness of having to cut family off for the sake of staying well.
Good luck to you all!

@bubbles I believe you, and I hope you get to prove your husband wrong

Best wishes to you too @greenspaceSmiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance