Skip to main content

Forums

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Self-Care with major Physical illnesses

Possible Infection - Tried to bring it to Doctor's attention (he was too busy)

Surgery wound is sore & a bit red -with some fluid discharge.

That's why Medical Centre Nurse thought it was infected - I thought it was (possibly) too.

I had the shivers then felt hot flushes  (past few nights) in bed when rugged up comfy - I thought that was a sign of infection.

I remember having shivers & hot flushes when I came home - after one or two of my major surgeries.

Oh dear @Adge, what's your temp? Ask the nurse to talk to dr on your behalf. You have an aluminium there. Maybe you need a wound swab for pathology workup and antibiotics. Don't wait 'till it's reeeeely bad. Just gotta work the problem. Be strong 💙

Ali (not aluminium! grr - stupid AI auto-correct... I'm so done with social media)

Checking up on you @Adge, hoping you're not n hospital really sick on IV ABs ?? Are you doing ok? Is wound healing better?

Tried to post you a nice eCard by still not working on this thread sorry. Here's some emoji instead 🐥🦉🦆🕊🐦🐧🤔(are penguins birds?) 🐦🐦🐦🌱🌻🐱💗

@Adge. Tried to post you a nice eCard but still not working on this thread sorry. Here's some emoji instead 🐥🦉🦆🕊🐦🐧🤔(are penguins birds?) 🐦🐦🐦🌱🌻🐱💗

Hi @Former-Member Thanks for checking in, thinking of me.

Emoticons are Great, thanks.

Yes Penguins are Birds, like Ostriches & Emus - Probably the only type of flightless Swimming Bird.

All this (2 times) wound split - happened after I had come home on 6th of August.

Was only 1 night in hospital this time.

I finally got to see a GP Dr (not my usual Dr) late Monday afternoon (Booked Yesterday) - that was the earliest available appointment.

Then I started turned the corner (healing up).

GP said that Locum Dr's Steristrips (10.00pm Saturday night) -

- appeared to have held wound separation together.

GP/ Nurse put new Steristrips on.

Then went back to see my normal GP on Wednesday morning - it was still together, healing up.

No, Doctor did not give me any antibiotics - even though Medical Centre Nurse said looked infected.

Wow, maybe I can finally relax (& let go) now (I thought).

No that hasn't happened yet, although I'm very glad my surgery wound is finally healing up (struggle over?).

Need to learn to Relax better....

Other stressors & triggers - feel overwhelmed (no job, dealing with Centrelink, etc).

House needs repairs, spending too much $$, so much needs doing (& I'm not up to doing it).

Sorry - yes I'm good, or going to be (getting there).

I hope you are good & getting there too.

Yes that would really hurt (heaps), how your sister thinks badly of you (for no good reason) - & has cut you off, or won't communicate with you kindly.

There is no excuse for people doing that, I don't understand it at all - my brothers (& Mum) do that to me sometimes.

One brother would not talk to me for several years.

So hard to depersonalise - it feels like it's our fault (my fault), when it isn't, they have Big issues.

Adge

I forgot how to do the emoji on the computer again @Former-Member , @outlander@Faith-and-Hope 

hugs and hugs my @Adge Heart

If it is a Windows computer @Shaz51, then click on the Windows key (mine is third from the left on the bottom row of the keyboard) and the full stop, and it should come up.

thank you again @Faith-and-Hope Smiley HappyHeart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance